Updated: June 27th, 2021
For the purpose of the Terms & Conditions:
a) Workshop means any in-person or online class, tutorial, program or workshop that is organized and/or run by EngKidz.
b) Students means any individual registered in an EngKidz workshop.
1. Registration Requirement
By registering for the EngKidz program, you as a Parent/Caretaker of the student agree to the following:
- Program fees will be paid prior to start of the program classes.
- EngKidz will be immediately notified of any changes to the original registration details including emergency phone numbers, email addresses and student pick up details.
- Any voluntary absence from classes including due to personal injury, illness or vacation will not be exempt from payment.
- Prompt pick up of the student at the time of the class dismissal is required. Late charge of $1 per min delay will apply for late pick ups. See section 12 below for details.
2. Consent to Electronic Messages
By registering for EngKidz program you provide your consent Per Canada’s Anti Spam Legislation (CASL) to use electronic messages (including emails, SMS text messages, instant messages and messages sent through social networks to your email) as a means to contact you and/or send you information regarding current registration, promotions, offers, business opportunities and future programs and events. If you have any concerns, please contact us at info@EngKidz.com.
3. Student Behaviour Policy
At EngKidz, we want to ensure a safe and healthy learning atmosphere for all our students. In order to maintain a conducive learning environment in the classroom please note that EngKidz will not permit the following behaviour.
- Coarse Language, bullying, and any kinds of threats to other participants or EngKidz team/coaches.
- Physical abuse, hitting, and striking other participants or EngKidz team/coaches.
- Stealing, hiding or destroying property of other participants, EngKidz or facility/classroom.
Efforts will be made to ensure amicable resolution to some of the above events, however, EngKidz reserves the right to cancel/revoke further program participation of the student involved. Depending upon the scenario, a refund for the rest of the program could be offered.
4. Cancellation & Refund Policy
To request a refund or cancellation of the participation in program please contact us at info@EngKidz.com. Please note the following refund policy will apply:
- Full refund of the program fees if request is received more than 5 business days before the commencement of the first session/class of the program.
- 50% refund of the program fees if request is received less than 5 business days but more than 24 hours from the commencement of the first class/session of the program.
- No refunds will be offered if the request is made less than 24 hours before the commencement of the first session/class of the program.
In the case of insufficient enrollment for a program/class, Engkidz reserves the right to cancel that class. For this case, Engkidz will refund the full program/class fee.
5. Emergency Medical Care
By registering with EngKidz program you as a Parent/Caretaker allow EngKidz to seek immediate medical care in case of a medical emergency. EngKidz team will attempt to connect with the emergency contact number provided. However, by registering for the program you give us the permission to seek whatever means necessary to obtain emergency medical treatment/care for the student.
6. Safe Use of Tools & Projects
During EngKidz classes and programs, Students will be expected to use basic craft tools including but not limited to scissors, tape, and hot glue guns. A brief demonstration on the safe use techniques of these tools will be given at the start of the class, and students will be reminded that if they do not feel confident using any of the tools then EngKidz team members will be available to help. Please note that glue gun stations will be setup and supervised by EngKidz team members.
The Take-Home projects/units provided at the end of a class should not be considered Toys. These projects/units can be hazardous if misused or mishandled, and therefore, these units should only be used under adult supervision. These projects/units can also be choking hazards, and therefore, kids under 3 years of age should be kept away from these projects.
7. Virtual/Online Class
For Engkidz online/virtual program, the workshops & classes may be videotaped/recorded. Zoom or other software may be used during the virtual classes. You will be required to download the software. Please see below for use of Third Party Software.
* Each student/participant must have their webcam/video camera ON in order to participate in a class. This is for safety and security reasons to ensure that everyone in the room is a child/student who is registered for the program.
EngKidz team members will be checking to ensure that only children registered for the program are participating. Video cameras displaying ONLY an adult, photo or otherwise hidden figure will be removed from the program as a safety measure to protect the registered participants.
8. Third Party Software/Websites/Applications
To participate in some of the program we may ask you to download, install and use third party software,applications or websites. Please note the following:
The use of the third-party software, website or application is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities. You are solely responsible for adequate protection and backup of the data and equipment used in connection with any of the third party software/website/applications We will not be liable for any damages that you may suffer in connection with downloading, installing, using, modifying or distributing such software, applications or websites.
9. Lost Or Broken Project Kit Materials
Please note that EngKidz project kits contains fragile materials. Prior to shipping we test the necessary project materials. However, Please do not attempt to put together the projects without proper guidance from EngKidz team members. We will not be responsible for any lost or broken items. Depending on the component, we may be able to replace it at an additional cost to you or provide you with links to purchase it yourself.
10. Use of Shared Content
EngKidz, at its discretion, may share the video recordings of workshops with participants who might have missed a class. This is only intended to help the participants catch up with the rest of the group. The content and video recordings shared are EngKidz property and should not be shared with anybody else but the participant. User/Participant agrees to not download or modify the recordings for any purpose. To protect the content from any misuse the video recordings and any shared content will have an expiration date. EngKidz reserves the right to discontinue this service at any time without notice.
11. Rights to Created Content
EngKidz reserves the right to use content/projects/code created during its workshops or as part of its activities, including any work created by the participant, for promotional, marketing and advertisement purposes in online or print media.
12. In-Person Class Pick Up and Drop Off
- To track all drop-offs and pickups of children, parents/guardians are required to sign participants in/out on the daily attendance sheet. Staff are not permitted to sign these sheets on behalf of parents/guardians.
- Generally, persons picking up children must be at least 18 years of age and bring a valid photo identification. In exceptional circumstances, and only with the parent/guardian’s written consent, a younger individual may be permitted to pick up a child.
13. COVID Protocols
- We will be performing a health screening and temperature check at drop-off for every day your child is registered in our program/camp.
- If your child is sick or feeling unwell, please do not send them to camp. If your child becomes sick while at camp, we will contact you immediately so you can pick them up. We ask that the child be free from any symptoms for 24 hours before the next class.